Monday, July 16, 2012

Gnat Trap

Hello All!

Several friends and family members have been wondering when I would be updating my blog again since my last post was 6 months ago! These last 6 months have been busy ones. My husband and I spent the spring house-hunting. We searched high and low for an old home in need of love and TLC. After months of searching, we found a cute little fixer-upper built in 1927 with good bones, but in desperate need of a face-lift.

A lot of my upcoming posts will revolve around the adventures of home-owning and renovating, so be ready!

But to start off my new string of posts, I am going to share this nifty little contraption my co-worker found on pinterest to rid our office of pesky gnats!

Our office has been plagued by gnats for the past two weeks, so my co-worker decided to take matters into her own hands and found a way for us to catch the gnats.



You'll need the following ingredients:

Apple Cider Vinegar
A Banana
A Mason Jar
A Piece of Paper
Tape

First, pour the apple cider vinegar into the jar. You'll want it to be about an inch deep.

Then, cut a slice of banana and drop it into the vinegar.

Next, roll and tape your piece of paper into a cone-shape. Make sure you leave a small hole in the bottom of the cone for the gnats to fly through.

Place the cone inside the jar with the bottom of the cone about a centimeter away from the vinegar. Tape the cone in place. We used clear packing tape. It works great, but make sure you wrap the jar and the cone well so that none of the gnats can escape through gaps.

Now you have a nifty gnat trap that really works! The gnats smell the vinegar and banana, fly down into the jar to eat and can't find their way back up the cone!


Us: 1, Gnats: 0

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment