Thursday, January 12, 2012

Photo Wall Collage

While my husband and I were dating, he took me to England and Ireland to meet his family and friends. It was such an amazing trip. We stayed in England for 3 weeks and 1 week in Ireland.

I took so many pictures I have no idea how I could ever get them all into an album, so my Husband and I decided to choose a few choice pictures and hang them on our office wall.


We chose black wooden $1 matted frames from the Dollar Tree and ripped out the perky pictures of flowers on the inside.

In order to make the picture fit the frame, I measured the matte. This matte had a 5.5" x 5.5" inch opening, so I cropped and resized my photos using Microsoft Word to fit the frames. I printed the photos on standard photo paper, cut them out and placed them within the frames using tape.

The total cost of this project was $16. $8 for 8 frames and $8 for the photo paper. However, most people have photo paper lying around their house (I had used all of mine), so this could be as low as an $8 project.

I love this wall statement because not only is it beautiful, but it has a special meaning behind it because these were pictures we took ourselves.


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment