Friday, December 30, 2011

Red Goodwill Chair

There is nothing I like more than finding a good bargain. At least once every other week I will use my lunch break to go, as I call it, "goodwilling".

My husband and I were looking for a chair for our bedroom and I found this little baby for $3.


I immediately saw the potential in this chair fell in love.

I decided to paint it red to bring a little color into our bedroom.


I chose to use Krylon's Dual Paint and Primer in "Banner Red" for this project. I used the high gloss formula.

WARNING: Wear gloves while spray painting unless you want to spent half-an-hour removing red paint from your index finger.

I sanded down the chair in a few places to give it a "worn" look and set it outside on trash bags.


The rest of the project is pretty self explanatory. It took me 3 cans of paint and a lot of time, but I love the final results.


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment